3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2009 3:51 PM by Matthew Lorono

Mapping Mouse Keys

Peter Hunstein
      Is there a way to map the "ok" or confirm function to a mouse button? I want to ba able to click ok or confirm a dialog box entry with a mouse button. is ther a way to do this?
        • Re: Mapping Mouse Keys
          Deepak Gupta
          If you click RMB, it takes the OK/Confirm in some of the cases. The mouse icon where you can use RMB as OK button will have a mouse icon with tick mark on the right side. Also in some cases you can click RMB and select OK from the list.
              Peter Hunstein

Yes thanks, but I do already know about the selections using RMB. I currently use a 7 button mouse and wanted to map "ok" specifically to one of the buttons. For example there are a few apps that have it mapped to the middle mouse button (depressing the mouse wheel) by default. I find that very convienent.

thanks

Matthew Lorono
              Yes and no.  Yes because if the affirmative is the default then "ENTER" will perform the action you seek.  "ENTER" can be mapped to your button.  Two problems.  One, "ENTER" isn't always the key that will trigger the affirmative button.  Two, the affirmative button is not always the default and many times it is way down the list on a particular form or window.  So, for reliability, I would have to say the real answer is No.