1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 10:13 PM by Wayne Tiffany

snap point on circle is wandering...

Matthew Neesley

Hello, it is me yet again....I'm almost done with the hard parts of this small project I'm working on, but now something weird is happening that is really getting to me.  I'm trying to grab and move a circle by snapping to a quadrant point.  The snap starts ok, but when I move the darn circle, my "grab point" wanders off the circle!!!!  AAAGH!!!!

I've attached a snapshot of what is going on, as well as the actual SW file itself.  In the JPEG, you can see the "pale green sphere" where I grabbed onto the circle before I moved it...now look immediately to the left at the orange snap point; that point is the intersection where I want it, but the actual quadrant point of the circle is off to the right of it...grrrrrrrrrrr!

(That circle needs to stay tangent to the two outside angular lines its connected to, by the way)  If someone can tell me what my snapping problem is, I'll be all set!

My hands are up in the air on this one...HELP!

• Re: snap point on circle is wandering...
          Wayne Tiffany

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I think what you want is for the circle to be coincident with the point at the intersection of the two sketch lines.  If you look at the shot I sent back, you see the orange sketch circle and the greenish dot are coincident.  Just select both and add a coincident relation - no need to drag and drop.  Then the diameter of that circle needs a dim to set its size.  Did I miss something here?

WT