1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 1:04 PM by David Matula

Linking Weldment Cut List Table Value To Annotations

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Solidworks Professional 2009 and discovering the the advantages to this software.

We created a modular dock in Weldment Part driven by an Excel file for multiple configurations, then proceeded to create the Drawing from the part.

The drawing includes the General Layout of the dock with different views and sections and several more Sheets of each individual parts.

We inserted the weldment cut list with the different values (Part no., Description, Length and Qty.) in the General Layout drawing

The quantities listed in the cut list are for the fabrication for 1 dock .

Here is were I need Help,

For fabrication we can build several of these modules from the same drawing so we needed the total quantities of each individual part.

We added a column and inserted an equation that uses a variable in the Excel file for Dock qty, multiplied by the value in the Qty Column.

We need to link the Total Qty value in each Cut Sheet relative to the Item no.

Does anybody have an idea.

I have inserted Images of the Drawing Weldment Cut List as well has one of the Cut Sheet

Thank You.

Robert Griffith

• Re: Linking Weldment Cut List Table Value To Annotations
          David Matula

When did engineering become so involved with production?  I am used to handing off a drawing to manufacturing that will have information from sales that they sold 45 assemblies this week.  Then the manufacturing super will lookup all the parts that are needed to make the assembly, see how many parts he has in stock, and then write work orders for the remaining parts need.  This week you need 6, next week possibly 12, would your time be better spent on making new products or updating drawings for order 12 of this and 3 of this and 2 of these parts.