I've been using the SWIM for a while to download my updates but have always had a problem getting the downloads to work. I usually attribute it to high server traffic at the time of a new SP release, however now I am trying to download a SP4 for x32 and I'm getting constant immediate "finishing download operation". Retrys don't work either.
When I try to download manually using the link provided I get 403 server erros, I don't have authorization to view the page when I click on the DL links.
I am downloading the files for distribution from a server location so I am saving the files to a server.
This is extremely frustrating.
- downloading location direct to desktop...still fails
- turn off download acceleration in SWIM...still fails
- asked IT if there are any bandwidth limitations...answer was no
- turned off all firewalls on PC's...still fails
- upgraded to latest version of SWIM...still fails
- using IE and FF (with downthemall download accelerator...worked once awesome about a year ago when I couldn't get SWIM to work but manual did).
Any ideas on what I can try or change to get this working.