4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2009 4:32 PM by Cole Johnson

Multiple cutlists in one drawing sheet

Cole Johnson
      Is it possible to have more than one cutlist drawing sheet?  I am trying to detail out two weldments on a size D sheet, so I have a lot of room to fill up.  I can create a cutlist for one of the weldments by Insert -> Tables -> Weldment Cut List, but if I try this on the second weldment on the sheet, the Weldment Cut List option is greyed out.  The only way I have found around this is if I place a weldment view on another sheet in the same drawing, then I can create a cutlist table.  I can then cut and paste the view onto the other sheet and keep detailing, but I must leave the cutlist table on the other sheet, but that isn't a very good solution.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
        • Re: Multiple cutlists in one drawing sheet

Cole

What version of SW are you using?

Cole

I have a few questions about the way the model is set up.  I assume that these are 2 separate part files that you are detailing on one sheet, is this correct?

I don not believe that SW is set up to do this.  If these two parts were part of an assembly then you could have one drawing of the assembly and show the cutlists within the BOM.

If these are two unrelated weldments then I would just discurage you from doing this. Reason being is, are you always going to print these together?  Could you print on a smaller size C or B if you don't want to adjust the scale.

I am also assuming that the weldment is relatively simple, otherwise you could add detail like section views detail views etc.

Could you post a screenshot of what you are trying to do?

Lorne

Cole Johnson

Lorne,

Here is what I am trying to do:  These parts belong to a larger assembly of a large structure that is made up of about 100 parts.  The parts that I am detailing in this case are for a door on this structure.  There is one "door" part that I have made as a weldment comprised of bodies in the single part file.  This part is then mirrored to form the opposite side door for the structure, with many of the same parts, only many are a 'mirror' image of the other bodies of the part.  So in this respect, the parts are related, since they do the same function, but they are just mirror image of one another. 

Since this is a large structure (about 36' long) I need to have the drawings on pretty big sheets so that some of the finer details can be easily depicted.  I also do not want to break up the sheets into different size of drawings because it is a pain to print out (you have to remember which sheets are printed on which printer), and in my previous experience, when you mix large and small prints together, the small prints have a tendency of getting lost. 

Regardless, I think I may have come up with a way of doing what I want even better than what I was trying to do with cutlists.  I have attached a pdf of the sheet I am currently working on.  What I currently have are the two part files on one sheet, and I have generated cutlists for each part.  Unfortunately, since it seems that I can only have one cutlist per sheet, I have one cutlist on this sheet (hidden) and the other cutlist on the next sheet (also hidden).  The reason that I am using the cutlists at all now is to utilize the item numbers from the cutlists, so that I can detail each of the individual components below and "point" to where they are supposed to go in the weldment.  Since some parts are shared, and others are simply mirrored images of another, the individual components don't need to be detailled twice.  This is far from perfect, but I think it does get the point across to what I want to have made.  Any input to how I am doing this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Cole