3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 3:34 PM by Corey Vantilborg

Some questions about EPDM sp4

Mike Adam

Hello

I have few questions regarding EPDM, could be easy to answer.

1- how can I map datacard variables to DWG custome property / how to view the blocks, variables inside the DWG files?

2- is there anyway to know files blocks or variables which we can use inside the Card editor (DWG, sldprt, sldasm....etc)?

3- whenever I drag-drop files into the vault the files are automatically added and checked-out, how can I disable that feature, to let it work in this way (drag-drop files ---> add to the vault ----> check-out?

4- when I add files to the vault, I see the creation date inside the file datacard is the current date, but whenever I view the file properties in windows explorer I find "creation date" and its different than the current date, how can I view the real creation date of the file in PDM datacard, what attribute shall I use...?

Regards

• Re: Some questions about EPDM sp4
          Joy Garon

Hi Mike -

Some feedback:

1- how can I map datacard variables to DWG custome property / how to view the blocks, variables inside the DWG files?

Refer to the Administration Guide (look under Variables > Variable Mapping > Variable Mapping - AutoCAD Files)

2- is there anyway to know files blocks or variables which we can use inside the Card editor (DWG, sldprt, sldasm....etc)?

Not sure what you mean here?

3- whenever I drag-drop files into the vault the files are automatically added and checked-out, how can I disable that feature, to let it work in this way (drag-drop files ---> add to the vault ----> check-out?

There is no way to disable this....

4- when I add files to the vault, I see the creation date inside the file datacard is the current date, but whenever I view the file properties in windows explorer I find "creation date" and its different than the current date, how can I view the real creation date of the file in PDM datacard, what attribute shall I use...?

Not sure exactly what you are asking here...

currentdate.png

Regards,

Joy

Mike Adam

1- OK, I think I found it, its about using Hex-Editor to locate the tag names in a CALS file header.

2- I don't know where to find out the block and attribute name (tag) used in the DWG title block

3- so this feature wasn't included in the previous version of EPDM 2008, was it ?

4- In windows explorer if you browse to any file, right click ---> properties .. and you will find 3 date numbers

1st is when the file was created/moved/copied inside the current folder.

2nd is the date when the file was modified/originally created.

3rd is the date when the file was accessed.

so I need to show the 2nd date inside the datacard.

File Properties screenshot http://www.febooti.com/images/tutorials/properties-general.gif

Regards

Corey Vantilborg

Mike,

May have a partial answer to 2.

In the Admin Tool Select the User>RMC>Setting>Adding Files> The second textbox will let you enter extensions of files which the Vault will never Add automatically.  However this is not controllable by group. It has to be set user by user.

Also it doesn't make sense to Add a file, and not have it checked out.  You could make it so that when you Add a file it automatically check the file in but I don't think that is what you want.

Corey V