3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2009 5:57 PM by Jon Brunke

Is there a setting to not check out all parts in assembly?

Erik Balle
      It seems like 2009 PDM Enterprise has changed the default setting for when you are opening a assembly. When I try to open a assembly to veiw it, by default PDME trys to check the assembly and all the parts in it, I have to push the cancel button then open the file. Is there a setting to change the defaut to not try to check out all the parts when opening a assembly? I tried to contact our SolidWorks reseller MCAD, and the only guy that knows PDME is on vacation until the 23rd.
        • Re: Is there a setting to not check out all parts in assembly?
          Jon Brunke

Eric,

If you login to the Enterprise PDM Administration interface and RC users, settings and finally the reference dialog tab I believe your looking to turn off the "Try to check out all referenced files when the referencing file is checked out." check box.  Selecting specific user accounts limits the change to the specific user. Selecting "Users" is global and invokes the change an all users.

Jon B

• Re: Is there a setting to not check out all parts in assembly?
              Erik Balle

Thank you Jon,

I tried the settings you said and it works if you are checking out the top level assembly. If I check the box to try to check out all referenced parts of the assembly it will put a check by all the parts in the assembly when checking out the top level assembly, if I uncheck the box "try to check out referenced parts" the parts will not be checked when trying to check out the top level assembly, so it looks like it is working properly. Our reseller MCAD got back with me and they said the same thing as you. Where the problem is, I think it is a bug, is when just trying to open a assembly without trying to check out the top level assembly, the default is PDM is trying to check out the assembly and all referenced parts, I have to push the cancel button and the the assembly opens without checking out any thing, but if I don't push the cancel button, the assembly and all the referenced parts are checked out, this will happen regardless of what my settings are in the admin reference tab.

Erik,