1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 1:39 PM by 1-A5CHD1

Other ways to view workflows

Ian Vivero
      I have been developing several workflows for the various document types that get kicked around here and one thing I have found is that while each one has its own unique flow, many of the steps within that flow are if not totally identical then at least largely similar. The issue I have now is that while I had enough sense to make a single workflow that I exported out, then imported several times as a base model for the remaining flows, there are a few things that I missed in the original one that I now have to add to all of them or else start the whole process over again. Either way its going to take a while and I'm ok with that. The question is, can I somehow print out the various states and transitions along with their associated conditions, actions, etc. in a list or expanded form so that I can more easily compare each of the flows to make sure I didn't miss something. I know I can print the workflow itself as a graphical flow chart but that doesn't give me any of the details I need. And while I can expand the states, the real need is to expand all the transitions except that I can only open one at a time.

I am using EPDM 2009 sp3
        • Other ways to view workflows
          Save the following blocks of code to *.crp files for the report generator and then import the queries. It's not perfect but it should give you enough information to go on.

@[Workflow Statuses]
          §Name [Gets workflow status info.]

§Company [Gandinnovations]

§Description
          [This query lists all workflow statuses.]

§Version [1.1]

§Arguments
          [

]

§Sql
          [
          SELECT W.[Name] AS Workflow, S.[Name] AS StatusName, S.[Description], R.[Name] AS [Revision Component] FROM [dbo].[Status] S
          JOIN [dbo].[Workflows] W ON W.[WorkflowID] = S.[WorkflowID]
          LEFT JOIN [dbo].[RevGenCounterInc] RG ON RG.[StatusID] = S.[StatusID]
          LEFT JOIN [dbo].[RevGenerator] R ON R.[RevGenID] = RG.[RevGenID]
          WHERE S.[Enabled] = 1 AND LEN(S.[Name]) > 0 AND (LEN(W.[Name]) > 0)
          ORDER BY W.[WorkflowID], S.[StatusID]
          ]

@[Workflow Transitions]
          §Name [Gets workflow transition info.]

§Company [Gandinnovations]

§Description
          [This query lists all workflow transitions.]

§Version [1.1]

§Arguments
          [

]

§Sql
          [
          SELECT W.[Name] AS Workflow, T.[Name] AS Transition, TS.[Name] AS [Source State], TD.[Name] AS [Destination State], T.[Description], Tc.[ArgType], tc.[Argument], tc.[VariableName], TA.[Type], TA.[Description], TA.[GroupID], TA.[UserID], TA.[Message], V.[VariableName], TA.[VarData] FROM [dbo].[Transitions] T
          JOIN [dbo].[Workflows] W ON T.[WorkflowID] = W.[WorkflowID]
          JOIN [dbo].[Transitions] TS ON TS.[TransitionID] = T.[Source]
          JOIN [dbo].[Transitions] TD ON TD.[TransitionID] = T.[Destination]
          LEFT JOIN [dbo].[TransitionCondition] TC ON TC.[TransitionID] = T.[TransitionID]
          LEFT JOIN [dbo].[TransitionAction] TA ON TA.[TransitionID] = T.[TransitionID]
          LEFT JOIN [dbo].[Variable] V ON v.[VariableID] = TA.[VariableID]
          WHERE T.[Enabled] = 1 AND (LEN(T.NAME) > 0) AND (LEN(W.[Name]) > 0)
          ORDER BY W.[WorkflowID], T.[TransitionID]
          ]