Solidworks 2006 launching error

Discussion created by Guest on Oct 14, 2006

Hi all,

I downloaded Solidworks 2006 student version two weeks ago from solidworks european official webpage. The fact is that I can't launch the program. The error showed on my screen is the following:
"Failed to initialize Visual Basic for Apps, equations and macros will not work. Are you low on disc space?"
I have checked disc space and there's no problem,therefore, I don't know what the cause of the error is. Looking for a solution in other forums, I found a possible solution for the error. However, after following all the steps mentioned in that post, solidworks didn't work properly. Firstly, I copied Mso9intl.dll file (of Microsoft) in solidworks folder. Afterwards, I tried to launch Solidworks normally, but the same error happened again. According to the other forum user, he didn't have problems copying Mso9intl.dll in sw folder.

I would like to know if someone has had the same problem launching this software and if it's possible,the solution or any advice to make solidworks work properly.If you have entered into other interesting solidworks forums, please, let me know.

Thank you very much for your kind help and cooperation.

Best regards

pardinenc

Outcomes