3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 10:31 AM by Ian Hogg

Create trajectorywith rotating fan ?

Nur Kholish Majid
      Hello...

Any body can give me guide to create trajectory & rotating like attached animation ?

Thanks ~~~!!!
        • Create trajectorywith rotating fan ?
          Ian Hogg
          Hi Ahmad,

Flow works animations can beu used similar to Solidworks animator. You can create keyframes and store different view points. If you right click on the assembly tree while editing an animation you can uncheck the "Lock Orientation" option. Once you have done that, move the time bar (drag it) to a particular time frame and then insert a control point to store the view zoom information. You can toggle the lock orientation on or off to protect your settings.

I am usure about the rotating fan though.

Cheers,

Ian
              Nur Kholish Majid
              Hi Ian,

Yes it works. But I still try to get smooth rotation...
              The next case is :

I have a mixer system with a "blade" in the rotary shaft.
              I want to analyze the trajectory of using the A vs B blade below.
              How to setup and calculate that ?

Thanks !!!
                  Ian Hogg
                  Hi Ahmad,
                  If you want to analyze a rotating fan, then you need to use the rotating region approach. You will not see the fan animate in the results, but it correctly accounts for the flow through the baldes. There are examples in the Flow Simulation tutorials for rotating regions (rotating impeller, CPU cooler).
                  Also read the technical reference guide in the installation folder (in the lang folder under docs for your given language). This will give you understanding of the theory and application.

Cheers,

Ian