AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot remove toolbox properties from files...

Question asked by Ryan Beck on Jun 19, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2010 by Ryan Beck
As many have posted, we use a lot of NAS/MS fasteners, etc. which must be done to a certain spec and have a certain partnumber - not typically Industrial.

For things like o-rings, I had worked out a way to use the toolbox to configure a model aproximately, save it off as a part (after placement in an assembly), then run the sldsetdocprop.exe utility to turn off the toolbox "switch" and finalize the details - it used to be a fast way to model and change, etc.

Problem is that the sldsetdocprop tool seems to have stopped working on my files and I cannot get them to check into the Workgroup PDM vault.

I know that I could allow toolbox parts to be checked in through the PDMW Admin, but I do not want to mix toolbox parts into our stuff directly (by accident) by either myself or others.

I cannot find anyway to delete the toolbox "link" from the vault - except thinking that I might have to delete the whole assembly that contains any of these parts(not good at all, maybe not even possible - but might rid the reference on the vault side and then see the parts as parts again).

I am guessing that I might have to re-construct these from scratch now.

Outcomes