4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2009 7:28 PM by David Anderson

Hide All Types

David Anderson
      am i the only one that has to keep deselecting "Hide All Types" whenever i rebuild or open a file or doing some other randam thing. this is most annoying and if it is not a bug SW needs to leave the items to display upt to the user.

very annoying and time consuming. suppose i'll have to map a key to for this little annoyance.
        • Hide All Types
          Jim Wilkinson
          Hi David,

This could perhaps be due to Large Assembly Mode. When it happens, please go to the Tools menu and see if Large Assembly Mode is selected. If it is, this is the cause. You can go to Tools, Options, System Options, Assemblies to adjust what the threshold is to invoke Large Assembly Mode or turn it off completely. Click the Help button on that options page to get more detailed information about Large Assembly mode from the help.

Please post back on whether or not this solves the issue.

Thanks,
          Jim
            • Hide All Types
              David Anderson
              hi jim,

thanks for the tip. i think you that fixed it...now, two other issues if you are up for it...

i have an assembly with a component array of planar surfaces representing solar panels and their mounts. the array is placed into another assembly and overlayed onto another componenent that is nothing but a sketch of the rooftop and its features such as HVAC units. for this project i have to walk thru the array and "delete" the panels and supports that intefere. seems simple enough.

issue 1: (see image) when i select a surface, SW makes the sketch of the blue panel and the red mount visible. this drastically clutters the screen and makes selection difficult since there can be thousands of components. i have to manually turn it off everytime.

issue 2: (see image) when editing the array to remove "instances to skip" the buttons for the instances are offset so it is impossible to select the proper button. this only happens when editing the array in the top level assembly. if i edit the component array its assy, it works fine. oh, this issue does not seem to show up on win XP, only in vista64.

best,

dave

• Hide All Types
                  Jim Wilkinson
                  Hi Dave,

On the first issue, are you saying the sketch automatically switches from being hidden to being shown (it actually flips the switch and you have to change it back)? One thing to check is look to see if Instant3D is turned on in the Feature tab of the CommandManager or features toolbar. Instant3D does some automatic hiding/showing and previewing so you can try turning it off. If Instant3D is off and this is happening, this does not sound like a correct behavior that I am aware of and should be reported to your reseller so they can get it in to our Technical Support department.

The second issue definitely sounds like an x64 specific defect and should be reported through your reseller so an SPR can be assigned to it.

Thanks,
                  Jim