2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 6:03 PM by Mahir Abrahim

Immovable Restraint Moved in Sim 2009?

Mahir Abrahim
      When I was using Cosmos 2007 I could add an Immovable restraint that would limit translation, but allow rotation. In Simulation 2009 the closest thing to this that I can find is to apply a Use Reference Geometry fixture with any reference plane selected and all translations set to 0. The simple Immovable restraint seems to no longer exist. Is this there a better way to do this? Thanks.
        • Immovable Restraint Moved in Sim 2009?
          Anthony Botting
          They (developers) modified the dialog to only show-up if you have either a surface body model, or a mixed-mesh model. The restraint type (immovable) applies to shells and beam nodes only since they have dof's representing rotation (i.e., "fixed", and "immovable" mean the same thing for solid elements since the nodes are not formulated to rotate on solid elements). You can see the Immovable option if you have a surface body or beams in your assembly. RMB on "Fixtures", choose "Fixed Geometry...", and you should see an option under the "Standard" fixture types labeled "Immovable (no translation)". Hope this helps. Tony
          • Immovable Restraint Moved in Sim 2009?
            Mahir Abrahim
            That makes sense. Thanks, Anthony.