AnsweredAssumed Answered

Macro for weldment features.

Question asked by Fredrik Krook on Feb 3, 2021
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2021 by Deepak Gupta

Hi!

I'm working at a company that sells aluminum extrusions.

We do design for our customers in-house, and we also have customers that do their own design and often sends us a step file that we then prepare for our manufacture department.

We mainly design using weldments in SolidWorks 2020 now, and we do not usually draw the different connectors that we use to assemble the profiles, it takes a lot of time to do that.
And we manually cut and drill the profiles. And we also manually prepare the work orders in our ERP, but we are looking into export from CAD to ERP. And invest in a more automated machine to drill and cut the profiles down the road.

Now to my question:

Do any of you here know of a macro to get the features for our connectors in weldments?
What we are looking for are a macro that we can use after we are finished with thew weldment feature and point at the members edge and face where we want to place our connectors.

And that macro should place the feature and update two fields in the members properties, (I've attached an example part (.zip format) to this post, and a simple drawing with explanations).

And as a bonus it would be great if this macro can function on part files in the end.

We have contacted our VAR here in Sweden, but they are not sure if they can help with the macro.

Best regards
Fredrik Krook
www.rollco.eu

Outcomes