We are working on making work orders from an assembly to build parts in our plant, but running into some issues. We are using SW Pro with PDM Standard, and hoping to avoid upgrading to PDM Pro.
What have is a drawing with:
- An assembly of our standard parts, made in or pulled from different departments (brakeform, framing, hardware, etc).
- A BOM with all the info of each part pulled from PDM variables.
- A series of sheets with up to six parts per sheet, each part has its profile shown with its properties (material, blank size, etc.) pulled from PDM and listed, but no quantities.
What we want:
- The BOM separated onto different sheets for each department, with the variables that department needs. The only way we have at this point is exporting into Excel, breaking the relationship to the assembly, and manually sorting it out. -edit- I'm leaning heavily toward moving all parts into top level sub-assemblies for each department. They're all mated to assembly sketches anyway, so moving them isn't even much trouble.
- The quantity of each part in the assembly, on the drawing sheets. (basically, how to pull a quantity from an assembly and list it in a drawing, outside the BOM) As Jim Scully says, balloons can do this perfectly. I had never thought of using balloons for anything in part views.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this without PDM Pro? With Pro?