AnsweredAssumed Answered

Table Template with Different Property (Title) than Title Block

Question asked by Zhen Wei Tee on Jan 25, 2021
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2021 by Zhen Wei Tee

Hi, 

I am trying to create a General Table template that could be linked to the separate model (base model) that was inserted into the 2nd sheet. 

For example:

→ The first sheet is an assembly  (Description = SAMPLE ASSEMBLY) and the assembly property is use for the title block (which need to be the same for all sheet) 

→ The 2nd sheet is a base part (Description = TEST BASE PART)  that form the assembly and I would like to have a general table that indicate the base part description 

→ The general table should be inserted using a template and populate the base part description (TEST BASE PART) automatically when inserted

The document setting is set such that the drawing use Custom Property values from sheet 1 on all sheet in order to make sure the title block are the same for all the sheet (Hence, $PRPSHEET will not work) 

The only syntax that I found to work without affecting the title block is: 

$PRPSMODEL:"Description" $COMP:"TestBasePart@Drawing View6"

Is there anyway to convert the text in red to a generic syntax that capture the "first" drawing view in the sheet and the model use to create the view? Or is there any other way?

The only workaround that i could think of now is to create a Macro that ask user to: select a view  first and run the macro to generate the table... which i would like to avoid...

PS: 

Asking user to manually fill the table is not feasible as i would like to keep the parametric link. 

Outcomes