AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drag&drop routing component to existing 3D sketch

Question asked by Sondre Knapstad on Jan 22, 2021

Hi, 

I am new to SW routing and have been tasked to find out if my company should start using this add-in for all projects in the future. Weldment is our current method to make piping. I have built up a small routing library and are going to testing the add-in on a new project.

I have added the mate reference to my flanges so that I can start a new pipe by dragging a flange from the library on to a counter flange in the assembly. But if I try to drag and drop a flange from the routing library in to an empty assembly or an assembly without a counter flange, then the flange will be placed more or less randomly in the space. And I don't understand how I can orientate the flange afterwards. So my question is:

- If I start by making the pipe route as a 3D sketch in the assembly, is it possible to make the flange snap in place at       the beginning and the end of the 3D sketch route? 

- Are there other methods to orientate the first flange in an empty assembly? 

Attached is a picture from a test assembly where I have made a simple 3D skatch. I want to be able to make the flange snap in place at the start point and the end point of the skatch. 

Help and suggestions would be most appreciated

Attachments

Outcomes