i have a template for a a2 sheet. (shown in the attachment) but how can i use the same title block for an a1 sheet?
Just select the items you want in edit sheet situation, copy and past to the other sheet template. Tools / Sketch Tools / Move allows to move selected items to your desired position. No big deal.
and how do i save the template?
- Open drawing template (*.DRWDOT)
- RMB and select Edit Sheet Format
- Do your changes here
- Select File/Save Sheet Format and select the desired name and directory
- RMB and select Edit Sheet
- RMB and select properties (Sheet Properties)
- Reload your previous saved sheet format to bind *.DRWDOT and *.slddrt and save drawing template with desired name in desired directory.
If you set up file locations correctly, you can select from your templates to start new file.
i have fixed the format for an a1 sheet but where and how can i save the template for further use of the template????
Personally, I like to create my own locations for all kind of templates or essential files:
Have to modify the "files locations" in System options, but keeps files well associated to SolidWorks versions.
We have created a Sketch that we saved as a Block, then you can add the block in the right template file...
Ad of course change the note "A2" to "A1". Never seen a2
I believe What's the difference between a sheet format and drawing template? will help you.
Retrieving data ...