AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to isolate drawing views?

Question asked by Jyrki Luumi on Jan 15, 2021
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2021 by John Stoltzfus

Would it somehow be possible to easily execute an isolate command in drawings similarly to assembly mode? With particularly heavy drawings I often tend to hide all the other views except the one that I'm working on. Thus effectively isolating it. This allows a much smoother experience in placing dimensions and other annotations.

My work involves working on some very large scale assembly drawings. Solidworks can't handle these at all so we often need to use strange tactics such as exporting the drawings as a dwg and continuing with a more capable 2D software. Creating views is almost tolerable but trying to place a dimension with ~10 second lag in every command is straight up nerve wrecking. Our computers are powerful enough and we have changed them and solidworks version many many times during my career. I can safely say that this is not a hardware issue... Manually isolating drawing views is the best way to deal with the lag in my opinion.

Manual hiding is ok but I'm wondering if there's a way to do this with a macro or some other trickery...

Outcomes