AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to change paper size without changing sheet format

Question asked by K. Nezumi on Jan 14, 2021
Latest reply on Jan 19, 2021 by K. Nezumi

Hi

I'm new to SW. I'm using SW2021.

I am looking for a way to change the paper size without changing the sheet format. I have a title block I need to keep but it is on the wrong size of paper, so I need to change the paper size. Selecting different paper sizes from the standard sheet size drop-down should do the trick. At least that's what one might think. I mean, sheet size means... width and height. I don't see why the sheet width and height should be linked with the title block. I mean.... why? The title block should be glued to the border of the drawing and thus change location with the border's adaptation to a new paper size. Yes, that would mean that a title block from an A4 would look smaller on an A3 and so on, but that's the point.

So nope. I cannot use the standard sheet size because that will change my title block as well. Not what I what I want.

Then there is the custom sheet size option. Great, that's what I want. Just... why the heck doesn't it have size presets??? I mean... why do I have to type in the dimensions of my paper instead of selecting it from a list as A4 or A3 or whatever I need??? Is it difficult to create a drop-down with presets that ONLY affect the paper size without changing anything else on my drawing? I mean, yes, I have bookmarked a webpage that displays the standard paper sizes in mm, I can, if I want to, use the calculator and calculate the size of an A3 based on the side of an A4, but really... ???

It might be that I am just daft and I don't see the option to do it. If so, would you please let me know where that is?

Thank you.

Oh. Right. Another thing. After applying a standard sheet size, that changes my title block, I cannot undo the changes... I have to close down the file without saving it in order to go back to what I have and that only works if I have saved things in advance... Again... woooow....

Thank you for your help.

Outcomes