AnsweredAssumed Answered

how do you keep up with increasing minimum requirements

Question asked by Shane Kozlowski on Jan 6, 2021
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2021 by Krzysztof Szpakowski

Hello all,

Switching to solidworks 2021 has brought me to the realization that we will not be able to update solidworks again without purchasing new computers/laptops for the entire engineering department. I'm wondering if there is some sort of solution to get more than 2 years out of a machine before it isn't capable of running the newest versions of SWX.

Should I be building computers to be upgraded since I only have 6 engineering employees? Is there some sort of service that will trade out computers like we do cell phones when the newest versions come out? Should I stop worrying about the price tag and break down to buy a machine that overly exceeds the requirements for this release just so I know its suitable for future releases? I need to find a way to "update" my computers every couple years without having to purchase new machines. I mean, these workstation laptops aren't exactly cheap, and I really want more than two years out of them. How do others on this forum overcome the increasing spec requirements without purchasing new computers all of the time?

Outcomes