AnsweredAssumed Answered

Any DriveWorks experts?

Question asked by Matt Juric on Dec 17, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2021 by Matt Juric

We have a product here that I'm looking at putting into drive works however I have several questions and hopefully would like to avoid any pitfalls. If anyone has any input on any of these I would greatly appreciate it.

The product line is tombstones. So we have several different starting shapes with multiple different sizes of those shapes. 

1) with drive works how would you deal with the different shapes? Are all the different shapes, square, rectangle, hex, octagon etc in a single model with different configurations or do you create a separate model for each shape? I suspect you can do both but what is best?

2)we have been producing these products for years. Do we start with an existing Assy or should we model up a new assy that is more easily expressed in Driveworks?

3) if we create a new model can we somehow pull the old models into drive works?

4) Can you and or how do you deal with products that can't be created entirely with the rules in driveworks. CAn you go into the model and make additions/changes etc without breaking the link to Driveworks

Again thank you very much for any information.

Outcomes