I am trying to create a Spring in Solidworks (Picture of Spring Attached).
I could not do the Closed end Part , Can Anybody Guide me how to do it.
I have attached the Jpeg....You didn't find ?
Attach the *.sldprt file of your attempt here.
Try the attached macro
I am not conversant with macro. What should be the option here.
Use the SW help to research how to make a Helix/Spiral curve using a Variable Pitch.
Can Anybody Guide me how to do it.
Yes, I can.
- open a new sketch on any reference plane
- make a curve Helix/Spiral with variable pitch, as M.B. said
- open a new 3D sketch
- convert entities (select the spiral)
- add some lines (up and down) running to the origin (or the projected origin)
- select chain and "fit Spline"
- use "Swept Boss/Base" with "Circular Profile" option
Thanks , I will try that.
I actually did the same what you have suggested ,
1. Created the Helix
2. Then Convert entities
3. did 3D Sketch by considering a plane on the Helix Curve
4. Tried Option Composite Curve it didn't combine
Not "Composite Curve" - "Fit Spline" (Found under "Tools" / "Spline Tools").
Thank you so much !
Retrieving data ...