I am trying to update in Composer what is updated on a project in Solidworks. How do I do this?
Select the object that shall be updated, than goto "Geometry" and click on "Update" (sorry, my screenshot is in German).
I'm using this one here (also very sry for screenshot in German):
Thomas' suggestion means updating a single geometry. E.g. a screw (cylinder) against one with the complete thread. This also means that the previously existing metadata and the article name are preserved without being replaced.
Heiko's suggestion means updating the entire geometry of a node (if selected) or the entire document.It can happen that parts or all assemblies are empty if their parent assembly names have changed.
Composer projects (.smgProj) cannot be updated. Save them as .smg first.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Here ist the english version of File > Update
To ensure the best results when updating large projects with major CAD design changes, here are some update best practices to help improve the procedure:
01. If you are updating with a SOLIDWORKS file, the SOLIDWORKS file must have the same name as the SOLIDWORKS file (the source file) that you used to create the Composer document.
02. Do not update from another Composer document whose actors have different Net GUIDs.
03. If you are updating with a SOLIDWORKS assembly file, the translation process must load the assembly file fully resolved. Use the same import options that you used to create the Composer document.
04. You cannot rearrange geometry, part and assembly nodes in the assembly tree.
05. Do not merge CAD files or other Composer documents into the Composer document that is being updated.
06. Do not apply kinematics (parent/child relationships) to geometry actors.
07. If you update with a SOLIDWORKS file, do not create meta-properties in the Composer document.
08. Use the same import-options (use a named import profile)
09. Get your settings right (Document Properties / Update)
10. Be happy with all these helpful answers :-)
Retrieving data ...