What is the best method to achieve the following scenario...?
- You have some (e.g. 10 pcs) assemblies [*.sldasm] of different types of compressor units or machines. Each one of these are "pretty heavy" containing about 50 parts.
- These machines are being installed in a mechanical room. This room is being modeled in the top-assembly [*.sldasm]. The purpose of the top-assembly is to get a overview and determine the placement of the machines.
- There's no need to edit the machines. They can be seen as "dead bodies".
- Obviously, when working in the top-assembly you want the rebuild and loading times to be as fast as possible.
- Save the machine-assemblies as [*.step] or another file format before inserting in the top-assembly?
- Use "Large Assembly Settings" and low "Image Quality"?
- In some way "lock" the assemblies from loading and rebuild (like the freeze bar that's available in parts)?
Do you have any ideas?