AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to give inputs in the harmonic simulation and resolve the error?

Question asked by Suhail P. on Oct 21, 2020
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2020 by Ryan Navarro

Hi,

I want to perform a sine vibration test for my model. Here I attached the required specification and corresponding input that I gave in the test. I tried the test only in the lateral direction. And I input the base excitation as two curves one with displacement (5-8 Hz) and one with acceleration (8-100 Hz).

The test needs to be conducted

The given input in Solidworks 

1 - Is the way I gave input in the software correct for the given test level specification?

a. The way I split the frequency ranges into two base excitation curves

b. input the 34.5 mm DA as 17.25 mm displacement 

c. any other mistakes in the given values?

2- How to mention the sweep rate in the software?

3- How to resolve the error message?

4- Most importantly since the natural frequencies of the model is too far from the sine test level ranges do I have to perform this sine sweep?

If there are any mistakes please help me to correct it.

Details of model

• The model is a satellite structure. It is having some electronic boards in each compartment and some panels at each outer face, I considered each of the boards and the panels  as point masses acting at respective mounting holes 
  • The structure is having 8 mounting location 4 at each end, I gave the fixed boundary condition at these locations
  • the structure is mainly made of two long frames and 12 short ribs connected by screws, To model this, I removed the default global contact option and gave bonded contact to the surfaces where the ribs touch the long frame 
  • I have done static and modal analysis on the same model for different mesh sizes and choose a mesh size which was giving a convergence, so used the same mesh size for this analysis also ( attached the mesh details and corresponding results obtained from the other simulations )

I am not sure is the approach of modelling the screw joints as bonded contact and the electronic boards as remote masses, correct or not. But i thought it may give a preliminary result 

Regards

Suhail

Outcomes