AnsweredAssumed Answered

Loft help please

Question asked by Glenn Schroeder on Oct 12, 2020
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2020 by Glenn Schroeder

I'm trying to make this guardrail Part and I'm having trouble getting the Loft to work.  The preview looks perfect, but when I click Okay I get this error message.

I've played around with settings and get the same message whatever I try.  I've tried cutting it in half and lofting half of it, and that results in the same error.  I've tried doing it as Surfaces, and I can get it to loft, but then I can't get it to thicken, or to smooth out the hard edges where the loft joins the straight ends.  I don't know what else to try.  I feel like it's probably something pretty simple, but I rarely need to do Lofts and it's kicking my butt.  Maybe I need some guide curves?

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, but I'd appreciate being educated on how to do it (of course if someone wants to do it and post it here I'll appreciate it, but I didn't want anyone to reply with a link to Can someone help me with my school assignment?).

I'm about to call it a day, but if I don't get back here to check for responses later today I definitely will early tomorrow morning.

Outcomes