AnsweredAssumed Answered

Macro to batch run import diagnostics on multiple parts?

Question asked by Victor Carosi on Sep 18, 2020
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2020 by Wayne Matus

Hello SW Forums,

So here's the issue: We get STEP files from vendors frequently made up of 100+ parts, where each part requires an import diagnostic to resolve errors. We need to convert these assemblies to SW, then place everything into our PDM system. The problem is that 99% of the time, there are import errors with the parts that need to be resolved. The only way, as far as I know to do that, is to 1 by 1 open each part, run import diagnostics, resave. This is becoming unbearable.

I have found macros out there on the internet that get close to what I'm looking for, but I am terrible at coding, and completely unfamiliar with the SolidWorks API, so I can't make existing code work for my case. The SW settings for STEP files are all set correctly, I have the box checked for "Automatically run import diagnostics" but it literally doesn't do anything. I have seen answers out there to this problem involving the use of #TASK but I cannot get that god-forsaken program to do anything for me besides throw vague errors. I am looking for a simple macro to batch select files, or select all files in a folder, run the diagnostic on each part, and resave. This would save us hours of time.

Outcomes