AnsweredAssumed Answered

SW2020 SP4 Add Relations problem.

Question asked by Gerhard Nel on Aug 24, 2020
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2020 by Frederick Law

In previous versions of Solidworks, when I used the 'Add Relation' function, the order of selection never used to make a difference. For example, the sketch line shown could be selected first, and then the model geometry, to which I would want to add a collinear relation to. Or, I could select the model geometry first, and then the sketch line. Either way around, didn't matter. Since upgrading to SW2020 SP4 though, this is no longer the case. I have to select the sketch geometry first, then the model geometry. If I select the model geometry first, the 'Add Relations' dialogue doesn't appear at all. It took me a while to figure this out as it seemed random at first, but now I know, it's not such a huge issue. It only messes with your workflow a bit, as my mouse pointer may be nearer the model geometry, so it would make sense to select that first.

It may not be an issue at all. Perhaps it is not even a feature, but a bug. I thought I'd post this to see if anybody else had that problem, and if so, if it is intentional, or something to be looked at.

Attachments

Outcomes