I'm reading this FEA study and it states the following used to prepare the model:
- The components are constrained as depicted in image 1.
- The component is attached to an actuator at the arm and is
braced by supports with bearings at the pivot that give a hinge
- The mast is attached via the plate using bolted connectors,
which are not modelled.
- The actuator and pivot are assumed within the model as a
rigidly pinned support (all three directions constrained) with
- Kinematic (RBE2) couplings are used to transfer the boundary
conditions to the surfaces.
- The moment load is acting about the z-direction and is
distributed on the plate with a diameter of 100mm, again using
a kinematic coupling.
- The moment is calculated at 425.46Nm.
So I'm wondering how I should prepare the model by applying forces where and what fixture to use and any boundary conditions. I've attached a file, if someone could prepare it for me to show me how it looks from running simulation will be very helpful.
I've also attached image 2 to show simulation results from this preparation.
The Assembly file contains the mast 14kg, camera kg and head with lights 17kg. It's shown how its connected.