AnsweredAssumed Answered

creating Sheet metal tab 90° to current face which is curved

Question asked by Ryan Delacourt on Jul 24, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2020 by Dario Karalic

Hi there, 

Im currently in the process of modelling up some body panels for a car project i am working on. I currently want to check the fitment of panels so have made up some body panels from sheet metal which will be laser cut out from home. As you can see form the images attached below i have formed most of the basic structure but I also want to create some tabs on the left and right hand side where the front fenders will bolt on to.

Formed                                                                                                      Flattened

Formed                                                                                                      Flattened

I am struggling to create this tab shown below on both sides but as it is a cruved edge, I have had no luck in being able to create a tab successfully.

I can create a tab when the sheet metal is flattened but cannot turn it into a flange-like feature which extrudes perpendicular to the surface.

I am fairly new to Sheet metal on SW so if anyone has any pointers then i'd greatly appriciate it.

Thank you

R

Outcomes