AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a maximum number of workflow states in a series using automatic transitions?

Question asked by Jason Lackey on Jul 22, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 25, 2020 by Jason Capriotti

Is there a maximum number of workflow states in a series using automatic transitions?

Couldn't put the right search terms together to find an answer.

I have a user group that requested a data card that has 21 different possible approval group options.  The workflow is set up  so that if a group approval is not required, the approval and date fields for that group are populated with NA.  If they are required for approval , the approval and date fields are cleared out

In order to accomplish this, I have a series of states for each group with transitions for each scenario

Works fine for through 14 and then stops.  If I check it out and right back in it finishes the series and lands in the desired state.

I have tried many routes to simplify this setup. but a set of states representing each approval group in series has been the most robust setup for accomplishing the dynamic population of the approval fields based on requirement selection.

My only other approach I am about to attempt is creating a dispatch that does the same function as the series of states, but have it kick in before a the state change occurs to ensure the fields are populated, which would also vastly simplify the workflow.

Outcomes