AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fan Volume Flow Rate Extremely High

Question asked by Andrew Fisher on Jul 22, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2020 by Joe Galliera

Hi, I have a model in which I would like to simulate the effects of changing air box geometry to evenly distribute airflow across a porous medium surface. I have created a custom porous medium utilizing pressure drop, flowrate and dimensions per data I have from the component supplier. I have done the same for the fan operating curve. The issue I am having is that I am getting extremely high volume flowrates on the outlet surface of the simulated fan, no matter how I change mesh settings, internal vs. external flow simulation, etc. I have tried to input more operating data points for the fan, but this also has not helped.  I continue to receive the "vortex crosses the pressure opening" warning in the solver and I believe this has something to do with my problem, but cannot figure out how to solve this. Can someone please assist? Let me know if more information is required - I have attached some photos to hopefully clearly show the model setup and the results when trying an internal flow analysis. Please note I have also tried this in external flow analysis and obtain similar results.  

Attachments

Outcomes