AnsweredAssumed Answered

Property call-out change?

Question asked by Alex Lachance on Jul 16, 2020

Hello,

Has there been a change in property call-outs? Let me be more precise in what I mean.

We use a promoted assembly with multiple sub-assemblies inside it, each corresponding to different winch positions. Inside the assembly drawing, we call-out the promoted configuration name to show the configuration's number for the winch position.

It seems something has changed, I don't know when, but my guess is when we switched from 2016 to 2019 2 years ago. Either that or a Windows update did something that messed this up. What happens is that the property does not call the configuration name from the promoted assembly anymore but rather it calls out the configuration name of the assembly inside the promoted assembly.

I'm guessing that calling out properties from a promoted sub-assembly was a bug and it was fixed after 2016 which is why we're having different behavior on 2019. I'm not sure though if it comes from the switch from 2016 to 2019 though as some of my co-workers have worked on 2019 without having the issue seemingly, but I'm not entirely sure.

Cheers

Outcomes