5 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2009 1:10 PM by Matthew Lorono

Dual Dimension Suffix

I'm trying to create a dual dimension with the (mm) suffix on top & the (") suffix on bottom. I also would like the milimeters to be 1 place decimal & the inches to be 2 place decimal. I have tried just about every configuration of settings & have not been able to achieve this. If anyone has a solution and would like to share it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance...
        • Dual Dimension Suffix
          Deepak Gupta
          James,

I have managed to get the decimal places but my suffix are coming as mm and inch. Check the picture if that is what you need. You can change the settings to set the Dual dimensions display and position. And select your units/decimal places as per need.

• Dual Dimension Suffix
            Deepak Gupta
            I'm not sure if that can be done. May be using a macro might do what you looking for.
            • Dual Dimension Suffix
              Eddie Cyganik
              James,

Just a little information, maybe enough to convince your customer to see it your way.

Assumes your title block has a note such as "UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED: ALL DIMENSIONS ARE IN INCHES OR CUSTOMARY ENGLISH UNITS"
              An imperial dimensioned drawing requires no delineation for inches.
              Conversely, a metric dimensioned drawing requires no delineation for millimeters.

For dual dimension drawings, there are requirements as follows:

Imperial Primary - Inch (Dimension display as usual.)
              Metric Secondary - MM (Displayed in square brackets [] with mm designation.)

Example:
              [31.75mm]

Example: (Metric Primary)
              [1.250 IN.]

Therefore, if your CAD system is capable of:
              1.250 IN.
              [31.75mm]
              ...your customer should be happy.

Otherwise, you are in for a lot of manual entries.

EDIT: The double quotes are customarily used whn specifying:
              Feet & Inches: 5'-10"
              Degrees: 25° 45' 10" (Degrees, minutes & seconds)