AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding X and Y offsets to a Hole Table

Question asked by Justinas Rubinovas on Jun 23, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2020 by Justinas Rubinovas

Hi,

I have a project in which I need to make a table in a drawing with coordinates of specific points of a concrete construction, so the contracted company can locate and make holes in that construction using a GPS locator. A Hole Table would be ideal to automate such a table, but the problem is that the origin point that the company uses is thousands of kilometers away from the construction site. Therefore every entry in the Hole Table needs to have a specified offset in X and Y axes from that point. Unfortunately, SOLIDWORKS does not allow placing any geometry that far away, making it impossible to set the table origin where needed.

Is there any workaround for this issue? I tried editing the cells of Hole Table so I could add an offset via equation, but SOLIDWORKS won't allow me to edit it. I know I can copy the whole table to Excel and add offsets there, and then copy it back to SOLIDWORKS, but I would like to find a fully parametric solution from inside SOLIDWORKS (and no macros either). Is it possible?

Outcomes