AnsweredAssumed Answered

Populate PDM data card with imported / copied file properties

Question asked by Mikko Laine on Jun 9, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2020 by Ales Svoboda

Hello,

we have few projects that are done by an external designer. I'm providing them with template parts etc. to work with but can't figure out how I should import the ready designs into PDM. Easy solution would be allowing the external designer to access our PDM via VPN or something like that but that's another can of worms due to our IT-policies and restricted amount of licenses.

For some reason for them it seems to be really hard to input the required properties into Configuration Specific properties and I've spent a great deal of time trying to explain why I want them there - without success.

Problem is that most of the Custom Properties in the file are now input in to the "Custom Properties"-fields, not in the Configuration Specific properties (we have the @-tab hidden as default). Parts and assemblies I might be able to manually edit as it's just copy-paste from custom properties to configuration specific properties but haven't figured out how to do the same with drawings... Any help is appreciated and I can provide more information if needed to help figuring out how to do this - maybe some kind of external import interface is needed as I can't figure out how to do it with the general datacards etc.?

Outcomes