AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to change the length of a dimension without restarting my entire project? Editing sketch dimension will cause absurd geometry?

Question asked by Gabriel Rios on Jun 3, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2020 by Shawn Chi

After manufacturing my item and doing basic testing I notice that I could use a longer "leg length" (see attached images). This length is in my very first sketch for the 2-body part. If I simply try to edit the sketch, I get new wonky geometry as seen in screenshot_2. I intended to design these legs as independent, and increasing the length should not create any invalid geometry. 

I have tried everything and learned about solid works "sketch properties" where I could assign properties to lines and shapes. I tried fixing my square base and adding coincident constraints to the legs and the circles they lead too, but I have no luck. I drew one leg, and used a circular pattern to make the other 3. 

Do I really have to restart my entire design just to increase that leg length (from 2.5 to 2.75)? 

Will circular pattern have any effect on this edit (I've had problems before with circular pattern)? 

Outcomes