Anthony Limiero

Default Tolerance/Precision Values for Hole Wizard

Discussion created by Anthony Limiero on May 21, 2020

I am trying to figure out a way to make the hole wizard as useful as possible by saving the tolerance/precision values somewhere so that they don't have to be edited every time I want to place a new hole. For example, when I select a 3/8 screw clearance hole from the ANSI Inch tab, I would like the default value for a normal fit hole to show up in a drawing as a limit tolerance with a lower value of 0.406 and an upper value of 0.416 (in accordance with the ASME B18.2.8-1999, R2005 standard for clearance holes). So far, I have edited the hole wizard table to change the default normal fit value to the lower bound of 0.406, and I would like to have the tolerance automatically set to an upper limit of +0.010. However, the limit tolerance needs to be specific to each hole. For example, a the upper and lower values for a 1/4" normal fit clearance hole should be 0.281 to 0.290 respectively, which would mean a limit tolerance of -0.000 and +0.009. I've tried saving the holes as favorites, but that doesn't keep the tolerance/precision data with it.

Is there currently a way to have a different tolerance value saved for individual hole wizard holes?

Outcomes