This is an old one but always seems to cause me headaches:
- Assembly detailed drawing
- Assemblies (made up of parts) are in a dummy assembly inserted off the face of the sheet
- individual assemblies are detailed (Altered item drawing) on the drawing
- BoM is inserted and points to the assembly off the sheet, set to insert top level only
- link views to the BoM in the view properties
- Part assemblies have config setting set to hide child components i if used in an assembly. Tried doing the hide components in BoM setting to with no luck.
No matter how I mess around with it I cannot get the balloons to show the correct find number just an asterix.
I've done this in the past a number of times and it has always caused a bit of grief but somehow it suddenly starts working but not in this case.
SW2019 SP 4.0
PDM Pro 2019
Thanks in advance for any tips to fix this.