Britton Sanders

Seeing Double: Linked Property In Drawing

Discussion created by Britton Sanders on May 7, 2020
Latest reply on May 8, 2020 by Dan Pihlaja

Solidworks 2018 SP5.0

Any suggestions of why this sheet metal property always displays the number twice? Even on new text boxes where I can be sure I don't already have the property in it it shows up and on every sheet metal part I do it with. It also only happens with Length, not Width. It is also always two lines even if the textbox is extended and appears as a single link property in the textbox.

Value displaying twice

Part properties

cutlist properties

I had been populating the Length and Width property with a macro by Deepak Gupta fromt his forum for 2017, but it stopped working consistently with this version of Solidworks for me. Instead I've been using the cutlist property linked to a custom property that I can call out in my drawing template.

Also, if anyone knows how to format this value so that it's always 2 decimal places in my template or in properties, that would be fantastic. The number in cutlist seems to be a different format than other properties. As if it was a string and they were numbers or something along those lines, I can't remember specifically from the last time I tried to deal with it, but it avoided my attempts to format it how I liked. (Not shown, but after I hit enter it becomes 33.019)

Outcomes