AnsweredAssumed Answered

Accessing state change and notification comments via add-in

Question asked by Tara Campese on May 4, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2020 by Wayne Matus

Is there a way to access the _conisioComment_ (state change comment) and _conisioNotComment_ (notification comment) in an add-in (VB.net) without using SQL?

I wrote an add-in that dynamically notifies a user whose name is in a specific field of a document when the state is changed (post-state hook), but I don't have a way to make the comments show in the new email. If I want to use SQL for this (trying to avoid it for now) I can get the State Change Comment from the TransitionHistory table, but I don't know of where the Notification Comment is stored.

I tried looking into getting all the state change message information at once using the message table, but it looks like not all messages can be found there. I think it's only messages in the internal messaging system but not using smtp. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

Edit: I found the information (in SQL anyway) that I was looking for, but it's in the TmpTransitionHistory table and is only found during the transition, so I don't think accessing that is going to be reliable. 

Still hoping there's a way to do this without sql, but it's looking doubtful.

Outcomes