This is very fast paced environment where Mechanical Designer can wear many hats while working closely with an advanced team of engineers (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, firmware).
The designer will be using Solidworks in the design of ruggedized, outdoor, advanced communication equipment involving electro-mechanics. Objective is to support manufacturing for structural (outdoor communication equipment and packaging components for electronic enclosures. Systems involve sheet metal, plastics, and electro-mechanical assemblies. Will frequently develop GD&T specifications.
- Candidate will be tasked with detailed while balancing accuracy with productivity.
- Designer will preparing detailed drawings involving GD&T.
- Provide expertise in designing and drafting of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Must be Proficient in geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Associates degree in Drafting, Mechanical design or related would be ideal.
- Computer proficiency in SolidWorks (absolutely required) with three years’ experience including standardize drafting practices.
- Strong working knowledge and adherence to drafting standards.
- Strong Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft office 2010 or later.
- Three years of experience supporting mechanical products and assemblies in a fast paced environment
- Three years of experience in a manufacturing oriented environment with MRP/ERP business systems.
- Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs within a certain time frame.
- Have the ability to work with internal customers in order to develop manufacturing specs effectively.
- Being efficient with planning and having excellent planning and organization skills.
- Hardworking with the mindset to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Will be utilizing multi-tasking and timelines, must be able to prioritize efficiently
- Strong knowledge with Solidworks, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software packages Work Conditions.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Must also be
- Capable of multitasking with various projects within a certain timeframe.
- Will develop detailed drawing and assembly instructions. Will also develop Bill of Materials using and ERP system.
- Revise and correct designs to make sure they ae not errors with operational and manufacturing discrepancies.
- Will incorporate engineering change orders for the existing product line.
- Must be comfortable with the possibility of working outdoors or in extreme temperatures.
Key or helpful terms, avionics, antenna, radome, base station, power, solid works, aluminum, sheet-metal, plastic, extreme weather, GPS, SATCOM, Electro-mechanical, customer, pedestal, concrete, transmission, receivers, RF, tower, structural, materials, RF, servo, controllers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.