AnsweredAssumed Answered

Master Modeling Structure

Question asked by Paul Ditullio on Apr 15, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2020 by Frederick Law

Hello All,

I am wondering how to best structure my approach to master modeling for the following scenario:

I have created master model 1A, which i have inserted into components 1B and 1C. components 1B and 1C are used together in an assembly. I have no issues with this setup.

The complication arises when I add a separate assembly into the mix. I have created master model 2A, which references components 1B and 1C (these components are inserted into master model 2A).

I then insert master model 2A into other components, 2C and 2D, which are then used in a separate assembly.

The issue is that when editing components 2C or 2D, they are referencing master model 2A, which is referencing components 1B and 1C, which are referencing master model 1A.

Naturally, this is less than ideal. One solution I have considered is saving components 1B and 1C as STEP files before inserting them into master 2A. However, the downside to this is that if i have to make updates to 1A, 1B, or 1C, the changes will not be reflected in the STEP files.

Any insight would be much appreciated. thank you

Outcomes