AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parametric study (sweep) of inner or outer diameter (Flow Simulation)

Question asked by Ljuboslav Boskic on Mar 29, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2020 by Ljuboslav Boskic

Hello all,

Info:

I am trying to do a parametric study of an inner and outer diameter of a custom object I have made- let's just consider this a fan. So clearly for this fan, I can adjust the inner and outer diameter and that would change the airflow or velocity profile. I have declared a boundary condition on the area between the inner and outer diameter to be my flow field/flow velocity.

Now that I have explained the setup a bit, I am curious how can I do a parametric study of different varying inner diameters to start? This would adjust the velocity profile I would have. I have been able to declare a global variable for inner and outer diameter - hence if I change it at the global level it changes it in the Flow simulation/ assembly. How can I do a parametric study on varying different dimensions while being able to see each result? I know in COMSOL this is possible but not sure how to do it in Flow Simulation. 

Note:

I was able to do 'design study' which I essentially declared a step size for the inner diameter and just used area as the thing to look at but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I am looking for a parametric sweep which I want to see the velocity profile of the different varying dimensions of inner/outer/or both inner/outer diameter.

If anyone has been able to implement a parametric sweep of a variable and able to see the results with flow simulation please let me know. Worse case is I run a simulation every time I change the inner diameter manually, and save the results but that seems like it should be automated. Thanks!

Outcomes