AnsweredAssumed Answered

slow performance with new laptop with RTX3000 Quadro 6Gb

Question asked by Frederick Haesevoets on Mar 19, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2020 by Jeremy RIEDEL

Hi everyone,

I have very strange performance issues with SW2020 SP1.

I just bought a new laptop, an ASUS CONCEPT D with 32 Gb of RAM, 1TB SSD, RTX3000 6Gb graphic card.

I7-9750H processor and a 4k screen.  In short a very powerfull laptop in my eyes.  I am using it for almost 2 months now but have alot of performance issues like viewport lag, crashes... if I open 5 simple (max 1 Mb) parts at once it's out of memory and SW works extremely laggy.  

I have changed all the settings in the Nvidea control center, so SW uses the RTX3000.  I have the latest drivers and had multiple contacts with my SW reseller about this.  

As soon as I start a new part, the memory usage of the RTX3000 goes up to approx 4Gb!!

So what have I tried just now.

I deinstalled my nvidia driver for the RTX3000, restarted windows and ran SW again.

And I couldn't believe it,  but all my problems are gone. 

I can open 25 parts, assemblies at once and work with them without problems.

Please have a look at the attachment. (I also included English text)

In the first screenshot you can see the problems with the RTX3000 card when opening only 5 parts at once.

In the screenshots afterwards, you can see I disabled the RTX3000 card (since windows installed it back automatically after restart) and it works like a charm..... without my expensive RTX3000.

What could be this issue?   I can not be true that an onboard GPU has much better perfomance than my RTX3000???

All help is appreciated, :-)

Best Regards,

Frederick

Attachments

Outcomes