So, what are you doing with your time right now? If you are like me you are in "shelter-in" mode (most of the Bay Area is in Covid-19 lock-down mode) trying to do my work from home in close quarters 24/7 with my wife and golden retriever - a weird new normal...
So with the disruption and perhaps some time on your hands, it might be good timing to release the first eight episodes of our Spanner Tips and Techniques Webcasts. Its an all-things product design video series focusing industry methods and practices that we employ here at Spanner every day. We're starting off the webcast series with our SolidWorks Tips and Techniques series. The first 8 episodes are live and you can view them by visiting our website here:
I plan on doing approximately two dozen episodes pertaining to SolidWorks. These are focused on Consumer product design in SolidWorks but I'm sure there is something for everyone. I'm currently working on the next few episodes and will be adding one per week or so.
Follow us on the Spanner Tips and Techniques | SolidWorks Webcast - YouTube playlist
Following is an agenda of what is posted and what is to come:
- SolidWorks Tips and Techniques Part 1 – 8 tips and tricks for SW users to improve their productivity and modeling quality.
- SolidWorks Tips and Techniques Part 2 – 8 tips and tricks for SW users to improve their productivity and modeling quality.
- SolidWorks Tips and Techniques Part 3 – 8 tips and tricks for SW users to improve their productivity and modeling quality.
- Making bullet-proof models – robustly and efficiently for parametric change
- Advanced Modeling Part 1 – What is advanced modeling and how is it different
- Advanced Modeling part 2 – Working with Curves
- Advanced Modeling Part 3 – more Working with Curves
- Advanced Modeling Part 3 – Working between Solids and Surfaces
- Advanced Modeling Part 4 – Boundary Surface techniques
- Advanced Modeling Part 5 – more Boundary surface
- Advanced Modeling Part 6 - Fill Surface
- Advanced Modeling Part 7 – Flex Feature
- Advanced Modeling Part 8 - sweep techniques
- Advanced Modeling Part 9 - Sweep techniques continued
- Advance Modeling Part 8 – working with fillets
- Advance Modeling Part 9 – more fillets
- Master Model Technique Part 1 – What is it, when and when not to apply it.
- Master Model Technique Part 2 – successful approaches and organization
- Engineers and Industrial Designers Working together Part 1 – how to successfully work together to faithfully capture and reproduce design intent.
- Engineers and Industrial Designers Working together Part 2 – techniques to make Engineering / ID collaboration productive.
- Cross-Platform collaboration between SolidWorks and other CAD