AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mutli-Configurations in One Drawing

Question asked by Chad Chislett on Mar 12, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2020 by Vladimir Urazhdin

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on making drawings for a project. The project involves 6 assembly configurations of a post with a base plate and a metal sleeve screwed onto it. The only difference in each configuration is the length of each post. It goes as below:

Assembly Configuration A with Post Configuration A

Assembly Configuration B with Post Configuration B 

Assembly Configuration C with Post Configuration C

etc

Each Assembly and each Post have a unique code ie. C1 and P1

The aim is to have one drawing for all 6 configurations. I want to create a drawing with a front/side/iso view of the assembly, then a BOM with all of the constant parts (Baseplate, Sleeves, Screws) and a table that displays the following:

Assembly Height | Assembly Number | Assembly Description | Post Height | Post Number | Post Description

A                                 A1                                 ABCDEF1                  a                     a1                     abcdef1

B                                 B1                                 ABCDEF2                  b                     b1                     abcdef2

.                                    .                                          .                           .                       .                              .

.                                    .                                          .                           .                       .                              .

I want these values to be linked as much as possible. All descriptions and numbers will be in custom properties. However, I will only have one configuration in the actual drawing. Is it possible to pull properties of multiple configurations and the properties of parts within those configurations into a table?

Thanks!

Outcomes