AnsweredAssumed Answered

Merging two forum accounts into one?

Question asked by Jason Warnke on Mar 12, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2020 by Jason Warnke

I recently put in my two weeks at my job, and I'll soon be starting work at another company.  I currently have 2 SW logins (one for my private email and one for my current work email).  I'd like to merge my points and comments into a single account (if possible).   My current work-email account has the bulk of my points and comments, but once I leave, ill no longer use this email, so im hoping I can merge everything into my older, personal email account  (or at least transfer my points ).  The downside of the personal one is it wasn't associated to a SW license - so less available when I logged into solidworks.com. 

What options are available here?  Or is it just a "this is what it is" thing and ill have to either leave it as is and start using my old private email account or else start a 3rd account for my new place of work?

As an employee I did use the work email for login at solidworks.com to take advantage of some available ecourses that came with my current company's network licenses; seems to me thats the original reason I started a second login.  Im guessing though that probably means the two just need to remain distinct/separate and this account will soon be obsolete (or just an old record, rather)?  If they can be merged, is it a pain to do?  Would I need to talk to the administrators at my current company (in our IT dept?).  If it's too much of a hassle, ill probably just leave it; just curious though.  Thanks.

Outcomes