AnsweredAssumed Answered

force direction conflict itself in tank for hydrostatic simulation and bottom virtual wall

Question asked by Thomas Bayley on Mar 10, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2020 by Thomas Bayley

Hi all,

I have a simple tank that needs hydrostatic analysis. The thickness of the wall and the floor is 2mm. The model has been built using the mid surface.

Q1: When force is applied to the cylindrical wall, knuckle, and the floor as per total magnitude, the arrow direction conflict itself, which is shown in the screenshot attached. Is it a bug just for graphic representation or something wrong with the method of applying load?

Q2: A plane has been created coincident with the bottom floor. I have created a virtual wall by selecting the floor surface and this plane. In reality, this wall (ground) should be 1mm below the floor surface. (note: mid surface model here) After meshing and running this study, an error message coming up stating displacement is too large and solver fail during the calculation. It seems like the virtual wall has been created right coincident with the mid surface regardless of the model set up. How am I able to set up the virtual wall in this case?

Thanks in advance.

PS. model is also attached.

Outcomes